Thursday 4 May 2006

On TV

Last night I saw a very interesting BBC TV programme on Muriel Spark, who died a couple of weeks ago - I had forgotten how many things she had written that I seem to have seen on the large or small screen as well as read, like "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" and "The Girls of Slender Means", in which I first saw the actress Miriam Margolyes - I see that dates from 1975, how can it be more than 30 years ago?! And me still in my prime... I can just hear the Edinburgh-accented voice of Dame Maggie Smith: "One's prime is elusive. You little girls, when you grow up, must be on the alert to recognize your prime at whatever time of your life it may occur. You must then live it to the full."
On another tack altogether, I think some colleagues might like to take inspiration from Japanese TV and suggest something like this for the office Christmas party.

1 Comments:

At 4/5/06 13:59, Blogger Dakota said...

“You must be on the alert to recognize your prime” That’s easy for her to say! Every time I think I am in my prime, I am not! How confusing ;)

Funny video! If you are going to do this at your office party, make sure you bring a camera :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home