Friday 28 April 2006

Snow flower/flower snow

Loveliest of trees, the cherry now

Loveliest of trees, the cherry now
Is hung with bloom along the bough,
And stands about the woodland ride,
Wearing white for Eastertide.

Now, of my threescore years and ten,
Fifty will not come again,
And take from seventy Springs a score,
It only leaves me twenty more.

And since to look at things in bloom,
Twenty Springs are little room,
About the woodlands I will go,
To see the cherry hung with snow.

by A.E. Houseman
(almost - I had to invert the figures fifty and twenty!)


Magnolia fubuki?

4 Comments:

At 28/4/06 05:28, Blogger b o o said...

wow. those are bootiful cherry blossoms :)

 
At 29/4/06 11:20, Blogger bibliobibuli said...

i miss spring and blossom ... thanks for the pictures

 
At 29/4/06 18:44, Blogger Luz said...

Lovely poem. I finally got a chance to see these lovely blooms in my trip to Seattle! Just goregeous and I too just wanted to lay underneath and look at its beauty.

 
At 29/4/06 20:42, Blogger Mridula said...

Lovely words for lovely pictures. I have never see cherry blossoms in real life :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home