Ramblings of a traveller in Brussels
Monday, 9 December 2013
Sunday, 8 December 2013
Saturday, 7 December 2013
Darjeeling, November 2013
Keep forgetting to update blog as these days I spend more time on facebook! I'm not very proud of these anyway as I have a problem with my lens, I thought it was just dirty but can't seem to get rid of an unsightly splodge..
It was a good trip, though rather tiring. The problem with mountains is that you have to keep walking up and down, and everywhere has lots of steps!
Tuesday, 8 October 2013
Sunday, 14 July 2013
Day in Veurne
Wednesday, 22 May 2013
Eating out in Brussels
This was supposed to illustrate the Sardinian mineral water Siete Fuentes, at the restaurant next to the eponymous seven springs: but somehow ended up focussing on the food instead!
In a similar vein, I'm going to put my list of "restaurants to try" in Brussels here so that I can always find it:
- Ashok’s, opposite the Indian Embassy in Ch. de Vleurgat (Indian)
- La Cueva de Castilla, Place Colignon, Schaerbeek (have to try the allegedly traditional Catalan dessert “pajama of the house”!!)
- Fin de Siècle, 9 rue des Chartreux (Belgian + e.g. Iranian lamb)
- Publico, 32 rue des Chartreux (Italian)
- La Brasserie de Bruxelles, Place de la Vielle Halle aux Blés (« son of » aux Armes de Bruxelles)
- Ellis Gourmet Burger, 4 Pl. St. Catherine
- Di Tommaso, 34 rue de la Croix de Fer, near Cirque Royale (Italian)
- Rugantino, on Bd. Anspach near Anneessens (Italian)
- Hünkar Sofrasi, Chaussée de Haecht 89 (Turkish)
- La Fantaisie , 52 Av. Louis Bertrand, Schaerbeek (Turkish/French)
- Turquoise, Rue du Palais 156, between Place Liedts and the railway bridge (Turkish: seems to be too new to be in resto.be!).