Wednesday 25 July 2012

Europalia India




 I'm excited to learn that the country that is to be the subject of the next Europalia - biennial arts and culture festival held in Brussels and some other locations - will be INDIA!  It starts on 3 October 2013.





Europalia originally focussed on EU Member States, but after 9 of those, they branched out to Japan - still the best one I remember - and now it can be any country in the world (that can obtain the necessary sponsorship and insurance - some years ago, Europalia Turkey was cancelled because of difficulties in those areas).




They should have some really fantastic subjects for different exhibitions on India. I hope they have learned from Europalia Brazil, which focussed on some rather obscure aspects of that country's culture that I didn't find very interesting.






Anyway, roll on October 2013! I might even apply next summer to be part of the support team, depending on travel plans.

1 Comments:

At 26/7/12 06:29, Blogger Mridula said...

I hope you will enjoy India!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home