Sunday 22 October 2006

Evocative sentence of the day (2)

"I got to thinking about how much time I spend in my life crashing around like a great gasping fish, either squirming away from some uncomfortable distress or flopping hungrily toward ever more pleasure. And I wondered whether it might serve me (and those who are burdened with the task of loving me) if I could learn to stay still and endure a bit more without always getting dragged along on the potholed road of circumstance".
I just love that last phrase!
From "Eat, Pray, Love" (subtitled "One Woman's Search for Everything, Across Italy, India and Indonesia) by Elizabeth Gilbert.

3 Comments:

At 23/10/06 04:07, Blogger b o o said...

some days i'm lucky if i can get out of bed & find my socks.

 
At 28/10/06 18:25, Blogger Mridula said...

I know what a potholed road is and howit feels to drive through it!

 
At 29/10/06 04:42, Blogger qaminante said...

Boo dear (welcome back btw), Liz Gilbert was talking about potholes like a bad divorce, which may be nasty but not life-threatening; not bloody great chasms like the one you have encountered on your road... I think you have every excuse for not being able to get out of bed some days. And I dont know about Singapore but in my opinion Bangkok is too hot for socks (cant find an apostrophe on this strange keyboard!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home