Monday 12 June 2006

Four things meme

Oops, I got tagged by Wandering Thinker to list:

Four jobs I've had:
1) sales assistant in a bookshop
2) clerk at a helicopter manufacturer's
3) assistant guide-training officer, London Tourist Board
4) translator

Four movies I could watch again - though not necessarily again and again...:
1) Nobody knows (Daremo shiranai)
2) Starman
3) Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown
4) Three Days of the Condor

Four places I've lived:
1) Accrington, Lancashire
2) Ambasamudram, Tamil Nadu, S. India
3) Yeovil, Somerset
4) Geneva, Switzerland

Four TV shows I watch:
1) Have I got News for You
2) Third Rock from the Sun
3) MASH, when it's on
4) Newsnight Review

Four places I've vacationed (most recently):
1) Umbria
2) Madeira
3) Libya
4) Dubrovnik

Four of my favourite foods:
1) milk chocolate
2) panna cotta with mango coulis
3) aloo gobi (curried cauliflower and potato)
4) tarte au citron

Four things I'd rather be doing right now:
1) browsing in Daunt's Bookshop, Marylebone
2) watching the dancers in a tanguetería in Buenos Aires
3) sitting on a terrace anywhere that smells of orange blossom or jasmine
4) waiting in someone's womb to be born - wouldn't it be great to have a chance of seeing in the year 3000?!

Four things I always carry with me:
1) bus pass
2) digital camera
3) notepad and half a ton of pens
4) book(s)

I'll not tag anyone but leave it up to anyone who wants to play along.

4 Comments:

At 13/6/06 04:36, Blogger Luz said...

Hmmm, I'll have to think a bit on my lists and perhaps be a copycat in the near future. LOVE, the movie Starman! I could watch it over and over!!!

 
At 13/6/06 15:54, Blogger wanderingthinker said...

Thank you for playing along! I've read your list and it's a great one. I could share your choice of favourite foods. And I absolutely love "Mash", the theme song "suicide is painless" is so incredible great... I've even read the books.

 
At 13/6/06 17:28, Blogger Dakota said...

Great list and interesting choices. I especially like “waiting in someone's womb to be born - wouldn't it be great to have a chance of seeing in the year 3000?!” I never thought of that :) I wonder what would have changed by then.

 
At 15/6/06 15:35, Blogger qaminante said...

Of course everyone (except The Wiz) is much too polite to point out that I meant I would like to see the end of the century (2100), not the end of the millenium (3000) - I didn't really think, mathematically challenged though I must confess to being, that someone born this year might survive to the age of 994 rather than 94...! Although, I WOULD also be curious to know what will have happened in the world by the year 3000.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home