Thursday 17 December 2009

Omnibus edition

My friend L. (who, however, has herself forgotten about facebook and hasn't shown us any photos of Istanbul!) reminds me that I have been very remiss in posting this year. I actually forgot to take the camera on my last trip to England, where enjoyed a lovely day with C. in Henley, with a boat trip on the Thames and a great pub dinner at "The Angel on the Bridge", it's a shame I couldn't photograph the guys playing "conkers" on the pub's terrace - in the days before I went back to work, I had the camera with me always, but those days are long gone.

Anyway, here's a selection of things I have been doing.

Working, with 3 trips this year to South America: this is Bogota from the Hotel Fontana, no idea what the white balloons were for!

And this is the chapel at the hotel:
























Caught this sunset a couple of weeks ago, how come whenever I do it's always somewhere with nothing interesting to put in front of it? (but it's nice to see that the construction industry in Brussels is still doing well!)

Running about for Christmas: in this (Irish) pub window St. Nicolas and Santa seem to be having a fight - I find it odd that the same person gave rise to separate traditions, the Belgians (and Dutch) celebrate St. Nick on the night of 5 December.

And here (as it started snowing) is a Europe-themed Christmas tree at the European Parliament:























It looks as though we are going to have a white Christmas - this was the garden of my building, this afternoon:

Off to London tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 18/12/09 05:24, Blogger Mridula said...

That sunset for sure looks fabulous in spite of the construction work in front!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home