Monday 24 November 2008

Grand Central Station

The renovations going on at Gare centrale have unexpectedly produced a wonderful new pedestrian connection from the station to the city centre, a real treat for the hordes of commuters who pour out of there every morning and back for their train home every evening.
I do like the more frequent use of coloured lighting in new buildings, we really need light in these grey days and the changing colours make everything seem so much more lively.

More than 20 years after giving it up, I still appreciate not having to do the 1 1/2 to 2-hour (each way) commute by bus, train and bus that I used to have when I was working in London! But if I still had to do it, it would cheer me up a bit to pass through this station - or at least this part of it, the rest is still in a bit of a mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home