Saturday 10 December 2005

Seeing the world

The map below showing the parts of the world I have visited is from World66, for some reason it only shows the countries I've been to instead of the ones I still want to visit, which show up in (a darker) grey on the World66 website. However, it's better than nothing, although it would be nice if I could work out how to resize it to fit this page!

I have so much of the world left to see, and my planned trip to Libya this Christmas was cancelled, grrrr.. Anyway I'm now going to Madeira and am looking forward to that even though it doesn't increase my "score" in terms of numbers of countries - I have another 28 to visit before reaching 100 which I reckon is a decent number of countries to have been to. I am including countries that don't exist any more, like East Germany, but not, of course, those where I didn't actually set foot outside an airport or get off a ship.


It's hard to establish priorities but top of the list for new countries to visit are: Libya, Lebanon, Croatia, Russia (St. Petersburg), Costa Rica and the rest of Central America. There are also lots of places I still want to visit in countries I have already been to, such as Italy (Genova, Cinque Terre, the Lakes), Spain (Toledo, Cuenca, Salamanca, Avila, Ciudad Rodriguez), India (Darjeeling, Hyderabad, ..) and Greece (Thessalonika, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu, Kefalonia,..), to name but a few. The top 43 are listed on Qaminari's 43 Places, with another world map.




create your own visited country map


2 Comments:

At 14/12/05 23:42, Blogger Luz said...

I wish I had been to half of these countries!

 
At 8/3/06 22:26, Blogger Serdar Öner said...

You are lucky :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home